Quick Auto Tags Logo


When to apply for replacement inventory?

  • Lost or stolen plates
  • Motor vehicles must have two plates at all times – one plate is not sufficient
  • Lost or stolen vehicle registration (unfortunately there is personal information on your reg card)
  • Lost or stolen registration stickers
  • Mutilated or damaged plates
  • Stolen or lost OHV sticker
  • Stolen or lost Disabled Placard or ID card
  • Stolen or lost Vessel or Certificate of Number
  • Stolen or lost trailer plate

My license plate was stolen, what am i supposed to do?

If you’ve been the victim of stolen license plates you must report the incident to your local law enforcement agency. You must submit the REG 156 form along with the police report along with your application for replacement plates. Note, this only applies to a stolen plates, not a stolen sticker or a stolen registration. If you’re wondering why it is important to report your stolen plate it is so that law enforcement knows that it wasn’t you breaking the laws.

I have Specialty Plates, can i replace those?

When it comes to your specialty plate the process to replace those requires an additional form, and an additional wait. These custom plates are not made at the DMV office – they are made in Folsom State Prison. Please carefully review the REG17 form before you submit it. There are different scenarios for different people.

I need a new Vehicle Registration card with an updated address

If you need an updated address on your registration card the DMV will issue a new vehicle registration card with that address. In addition to the REG156 form you’ll need to submit the DMV 14 (change of address form).

What documents will i need to get my replacement license plate, registration stickers or registration card?

  • REG 156 – the application for replacement plates, stickers, documents
  • DMV 14 – Notice of Change of Address Form
  • REG 17 – Special interest license plate application (for personalized plates)
  • Police report – if your license plate was stolen – not required for registration stickers or registration card.

Make sure to have a completed application prior to requesting the new inventory.

california dmv replacement stickers plates registration card

What is the fee to get a new plate, sticker or registration?

diligent effort bonded title
  • Motor vehicles:
  • Standard license Plates: $23
  • Registration card: $23
  • Sticker: $23
  • For OHV:
  • New plate or sticker: $23
  • For Permanent trailers:
  • Registration card: $7
  • Substitute plate: $7
  • For Special Equipment
  • New plate: $23
  • New reg card: $23

A full list of fees are here: DMV Fee Fees

Where can i get my replacement license plates, replacement registration, or replacement sticker?

  • DMV office
  • DMV Website
  • AAA
  • Private tag & title services

Other things you need to know about getting your new plates

  • The new plates you will get will NOT have the same plate number
  • You may need to provide proof of insurance handy to be able to get your inventory replaced
  • If you request your plates on the DMV website it may take weeks to receive your new inventory
  • You do not need to report your new plate to your insurance company
  • Make sure that your contact information is up to date on your registration – verify it before you leave the DMV.
  • When you request a new set of plates you will automatically get a new set of stickers and a new registration card – there is no additional fee for getting these 2 other items.
  • If you elect to do this by mail it is advisable that you send a money order.


quick auto tags in riverside

Quick Auto Tags

Quick Auto Tags 5586 Mission Blvd Ste B Riverside, CA 92509
Tel: (951)409-9091

					<div id="zf_div_eoUtgKqgN2st-KRIeMYxRLPn7j4fgOKEBxAfLannA9s"></div><script type="text/javascript">(function() {
var f = document.createElement("iframe");
f.src = 'https://forms.zohopublic.com/quickautotags/form/Testtest/formperma/eoUtgKqgN2st-KRIeMYxRLPn7j4fgOKEBxAfLannA9s?zf_rszfm=1&zf_enablecamera=true';
f.style.transition="all 0.5s ease";
var d = document.getElementById("zf_div_eoUtgKqgN2st-KRIeMYxRLPn7j4fgOKEBxAfLannA9s");
window.addEventListener('message', function (){
var evntData = event.data;
if( evntData && evntData.constructor == String ){
var zf_ifrm_data = evntData.split("|");
if ( zf_ifrm_data.length == 2 ) {
var zf_perma = zf_ifrm_data[0];
var zf_ifrm_ht_nw = ( parseInt(zf_ifrm_data[1], 10) + 15 ) + "px";
var iframe = document.getElementById("zf_div_eoUtgKqgN2st-KRIeMYxRLPn7j4fgOKEBxAfLannA9s").getElementsByTagName("iframe")[0];
if ( (iframe.src).indexOf('formperma') > 0 && (iframe.src).indexOf(zf_perma) > 0 ) {
var prevIframeHeight = iframe.style.height;
if ( prevIframeHeight != zf_ifrm_ht_nw ) {
iframe.style.height = zf_ifrm_ht_nw;
}, false);